Monday, June 10, 2013

Wine Bros. Tasting

Somebody pinch me.

It's a gloomy Monday; rainy and ... whatever. Today is my second day off in a row, which is interesting  because two days off in a row is a new experience. I mean that quite literally. I'm not crying; it's the life I chose. So, after a recent move and finishing the overwhelming task of school (i was never one for school, and that's a whole 'nother story), I have been embracing my open days to reorganize and be selfish.

After having falafel wraps with a friend, my boss texts me a question asking if I was going to the tasting..... I completely forgot, Be right there.

The day that going into work on my day off becomes enjoyable started today.

Being 1 o'clock in the afternoon I tried to spit everything I was tasting, but Steve and Tom made that basically impossible. "You had me at Pinot Noir" was the line said when agreeing to start NOT spitting out the beautifully elegant quaff. It was the Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Pinot Noir- A California Pinot that could truly impress any pinot noir cult narcissist.

Immediately after that I'm tasting 96 point Nebbiolo blends, 94 point Barolo, 95 point Cab and Ovello Barbaresco. IT'S A TOUGH JOB, ... I know. And then it's over. Back to running errands and researching wines and pairings for wine class on Wednesday- Summer Whites for Summer Nights- and everyone is dressing in white!

I write this sitting next to my window open with the rain shushing loudly outside- It is a beautiful, gloomy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment